Monday, February 27, 2012

Ribs and Eggs - More Tops

I've blogged about the perfect double cheeseburgers from the Tops on Jackson near my house in the past. But that was before I started my sidequest of eating at every single Tops restaurant so I didn't include a photo of the restaurant. The corner of Jackson and Watkins has had a Tops there for decades, but the current building is also the newest one in the chain. The company recently bought the property behind the cramped, old Tops building that used to occupy the corner and built a larger, nicer store there before demolishing the original store to create more parking space.


I eat at the Jackson Avenue Tops more than any other barbecue restaurant in the city. It doesn't serve the best ribs in town, but for somewhere minutes from my house where I can grab a full slab for just $15.95 from a drive-through window, I frequently end up there when I get a hankering for some ribs.


And I frequently have a hankering for good ribs. In fact, I wanted some with my breakfast Saturday so I grabbed a full slab for my wife and I to share at home with some scrambled eggs. Pork and eggs have a wonderful history together. Bacon, sausage and country ham are all breakfast table staples. But don't forget to include ribs on your list of options for a healthy start to the day. Also, the hot barbecue sauce from Tops tastes great on eggs, and makes the egg and ribs combination seem even more natural.


4 comments:

  1. Tops ribs are terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think of them as fast food ribs. They're quick and relatively cheap. Nearby places like Bar-B-Q Shop, Cozy Corner and Central all taste better but Tops is good enough for a quick rib fix.

      Delete
  2. Have you tried a pig ear slider at the place next door to this tops? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. I've been meaning to for almost a year now.

      Delete